This gracious and stately center hall colonial with four levels overlooks a quiet cul-de-sac in the popular Sumner community. It has been upgraded, expanded and well-maintained. Updates include a spectacular raised-ceiling four-season sunroom/family room addition in 2010 that is flooded with light. The roomy kitchen opens to a vaulted breakfast room addition with skylight that offers convenient access through french doors to a private backyard and patio. The center-hall design provides a circular flow through the home and includes a convenient powder room. Generous room sizes throughout the main level including the spacious office/den with backyard access, formal living room with fireplace, and a large entertaining-sized formal dining room, kitchen and breakfast room, and the four-season sunroom. The two upper levels offer a total of five bedrooms with three full baths including an ensuite master bath. The lower level offers a recreation room with a wood-burning fireplace and built-in shelving, an oversized deep one-car garage, half bath, cold storage, and laundry area in the utility room. The home offers multi-zoned heating and cooling and has had many recent updates to the bathrooms and systems. Whether you are learning to ride a bike, out for a stroll with the family pet, or just enjoying a peaceful evening at home, you couldn't find a better location than this quiet cul-de-sac setting in Sumner. The home is also situated within walking distance to the Capital Crescent Trail, as well as The Shops at Sumner Place and the soon-to-be-renovated Westbard Square. Area residents also enjoy award-winning public schools including Wood Acres Elementary, Pyle Middle School, and Walt Whitman High School.
Single Family, Single Family-Detached, Traditional
3 Full/2 Half
Hot Water Heater, Gas Water Heater, Public Water S
Brick, Other Construction
3,842 sq. ft
Yes - 1 space
Cable TV, Natural Gas
Montgomery County Public Schools
THOMAS W. PYLE
Detailed Room Information
- Kitchen, Living Room, Foyer, Office, Utility Room, Florida Room, Breakfast Room
- Gourmet Kitchen
- Microwave, Cook Top Range, Dishwasher, Disposal, Dryer, Wall Oven, Double Oven, Refrigerator, Trash Compactor, Washer
- Hardwood, Ceramic Tile, Vinyl, Other, Carpet
- Central Air, Electric, A/C - Zone, Ceiling Fan(s)
- Gas Heat. Forced Air.
- Partially Finished, Space For Rooms
- Double Pane, Casement, Insulated, Screened, Skylights, Wood Frame
- 2. Mantle, Wood-burning.
- Additional Interior Features
- Breakfast Area, Built-Ins, Crown Molding, Recessed Lights, Skylight, Walk-in Closets, Wood Floors
Exterior / Lot Features
- 1 Garage Spaces. Concrete Driveway.
- Brick, Other
- Composition Shingle
- Additional Exterior/Lot Features
- Exterior Lighting, Front Yard, Landscaped, Back Yard. Front Yard, Landscaping, Rear Yard.
Active Market Trends
Median list price
Days On Market
Properties For Sale
Sold Market Trends
Median sold price
Median Sq. Ft. Price